Page 1 - Reviews - Carlson Labs, Glycine Powder, Free Form Amino Acid, 3.53 oz (100 g) - iHerb
BD

Posted on Apr 9, 2022

Glycine is an amino acid that is needed to produce collagen which is good for the hair, skin and bones. It has also other properties like helping insomnia and promoting a good sleep. Our body produces glycine but it is sometimes needed to take it as a supplement when you are under stress

Posted on Nov 12, 2021

Glycine is the most abundant amino acid in your body and it is needed everywhere. It helps with good night sleep and it helps repair tissues. In the past we ate the whole animal and got enough glycine but nowadays I think it's important to use supplements to get enough clycine

Posted on Oct 8, 2021

Love taking Glycine and the quality for Carlson is very good. Benefits my sleep A LOT. I highly recommend to anyone for vivid dreams. Taste is very sweet, you could add it to a tea before going to sleep. Quality sleep will help recovery and energy levels, so people who take training seriously will get a lot of use from glycine.

Posted on Jul 7, 2021

I've tasted other brands of glycine and this one is the purest in terms of its crystalline, melt in your mouth sweet taste. I just knew I was ingesting pure glycine here whereas with other brands, I could taste something else in there which also didn't allow it to dissolve as well in my mouth. This is also very good value for money after looking around on iHerb website. Out of all the brands, this one is what I go for and I've been taking glycine for more than five years as an estimate. Get it while its in stock because there were several times I wanted to re-order and it was out of stock and I reluctantly went with another brand. Please like my review if you found it helpful.

Posted on Jun 25, 2022

I have bought nutricost glycine and NOW brand before. I found this one is much more finely ground, almost to a powder rather than crystals and think it gives a sweetness to my coffee that is more harmonious. Glycine is one of my most useful supplements for cutting the edge off of stimulants and also to help with digestion and sleep. The quality of the packaging is also appreciated and the price was reasonable.

Posted on Jun 23, 2022

I got this glycine after reading that it helps the body detox Glyphosate (round up). We also regularly consume collagen in the form of bone broth and supplement. It turns out that every 3rd to 4th amino acid in collagen is glycine so the benefits are great for joints and the gut as well as so much more! The taste is sweet and mild and easily blends with water making it easy to give it to my kids. I’ve also noticed if I take a dose and hour before bed I sleep so much deeper. Really, this stuff is awesome.

Posted on Jun 3, 2022

High quality product: I say this because I use it for sleep, and I am having dreams at night; meaning I now sleep much deeper than without this product. I also sleep 2 or 3 hrs. longer sometimes. This means a lot to me because when I only sleep 7 or 8 hrs., I feel much worse than when I sleep 9 to 10 hrs.

DrJah24
Posted on May 25, 2022

I usually go with the now brand of glycine powder as it is cheaper but got this on a whim. Glycine is great for helping with sleep and also energy (depending home much you take). This is good quality. One benefit of glycine is if you take it before drinking alcohol it is shown to protect your liver from the harmful effects of alcohol as well. It is a great all around supplement. I take about 7 to 9 grams before bed for its sleep benefits. If I plan on going out to the bar and drink enough to get "tipsy/drunk" I usually take 2 to 4 grams before I head out to the bar. It also is good for bile production, creatine, etc. Great cheap amino acid best used for sleep and taking it before imbibing in alcohol. Packaging is very nice in a nice tub as well.

Posted on May 24, 2022

Great taste and pure ingredients. Very grainy (not in a bad way) it looks and tastes just like sugar. Big size for cheap. I am not sure if it helps with energy but it sure is a great alternative for sugar when you're on a low-sugar diet. Husband says it helps with his sleep but that's not the case for me. Will repurchase tho

Posted on Jan 12, 2022

The widespread use of Glyphosate not only inhibits absorption of Magnesium and other nutrients by crops, it also mimics glycine, an essential amino acid. The best and possibly only way to counteract this problem is to take glycine supplements. If your body has enough of the real glycine, it's less likely to absorb glyphosate. As already mentioned, glycine is an essential amino acid that is a building block for protein, and a neurotransmitter. Unlesd you eat only 100% organic food, you definitely need to supplement with glycine. Carlson Labs is my favorite because it's in powder form - pure, with no additives. Positive rating is appreciated!