Page 1 - Reviews - Frontier Co-op, Organic Minced White Onion, 16 oz (453 g) - iHerb
BD
Posted on May 15, 2022

I use these all the time in soups and salads, especially tuna salad. It's great that they are organic--essential for me, and that they last and last and are so convenient. As an elderly crippled widow living alone, I find dried onion to be very easy and handy to use.

Posted on Nov 4, 2021

When I think that I have already ordered 5 times this onion - I sum up to 2.5 kilo of dry onion flakes consumed so far :) :) :) I am an addict of home made food. It is so aromatic and handy for dusting fermented cabbage ("Russian style" not the sauer kraut) - and some EV sunflower oil and grinded blend of peppercorns - so tasty and flavourful salad on its own. Quality of this product is always excellent, one pack lasts long and makes time of my life spent in kitchen much easier and less tear-bursting.

Posted on Jul 28, 2021

You'd think dried onions wouldn't taste as good as fresh ones, and in most cases you'd be right. The trick to using this, for me at least, is to find the right dishes where they'd work well in and to use the right amount of water that will contribute to the "rehydration" of the onions. So far, I've applied them to bolognese (you can even give that onion that right "bite" if you use just the right amount of fluids), Japanese curries, meatballs, Japanese hamburgs, and they all work very nicely.

Posted on May 8, 2022

This made my cooking much easier .. used it in many recipe... you can serve it in soups or in other stews .. the quality of the product is good... like the taste and it's ingredient is the best... the size is very good... this company produces very good quality products... and some comes in big quantity... Thank you.

Posted on Apr 6, 2022

Excellent quality and flavor (which I've come to expect from Frontier) I purchase so many herbs and spices in bulk and this company never disappoints. Far exceeds the flavor and scent of store bought versions and I re-seal in quart glass jars with tight fitting lids for long term storage. If you go through herbs and spices quickly, now is the time to up your game and purchase quality bulk AND save money while doing it. 5 stars all the way!

Posted on Nov 11, 2021

This one is organic and has many positive reviews as well. So I’m going to give it a try. Hope it’s fragrant as the fresh ones.

Posted on Jun 19, 2022

Very handy for instant flavour when slow cooking. No tears. Finely chopped. Would love a bigger sized packet, but this is convenient. I transfer to a jar to keep it airtight. Being organic is important for us.

Posted on Apr 4, 2022

Don't worry about the large amount, they keep for a long time in a sealed plastic bag. Great onions for cooking, I use in burgers....

Posted on Mar 18, 2022

The picture made the flakes look larger. That was what I was looking for. Larger flakes than every other brand. Actually they seemed slightly smaller than the other brands

Posted on Mar 10, 2022

Frontier organic onion flakes 1lb. Frontier does a great job producing reliably quality products. I grow alot of onions but dehydrating the volume we use just isnt practical. Fresh and tasty in everything, especially in the new normal as we're cooking just about every night.