Page 1 - Reviews - Frontier Co-op, Whole Psyllium Husk, 16 oz (453 g) - iHerb
BD
Posted on Dec 16, 2021

I decided to try this product as opposed to my local store it has minimal packaging – not plastic container as at my Trader Joe’s – and it is certified organic. Both mean a lot to me, as we use a lot of this in our household. We add the psyllium powder to our dogs diet, as well as to ours. I’m trying to bring down my cholesterol and drop a few pounds by drinking this powder mixed with water with every meal. I pour a half cup of water into a jelly jar, add 1 tablespoon of the psyllium, close the jar and shake vigorously and then drink immediately. I got distracted once after mixing and it became a super gelatinous mix, which is its benefit in helping to fill your stomach and bind to some of the foods in your belly!

Posted on May 23, 2022

I take this for the added fiber. About 2 tsps a day. Mild flavor which I mix with powdered drink mix for water or I add to my smoothies, I have no issue being regular each day, No side effects if not over consumed. I feel better knowing it's organic as well.

Posted on May 3, 2022

After years of searching recipes for gluten free kneadable dough, this is what made it possible. works great for artisan loaves, sourdough, cinnamon rolls, and more.

Posted on May 16, 2022

Psyllium Husk is a strong part of my daily routine. Has really helped me stay regular, and spend way less time in the bathroom. Everything comes out so easy, and I have way more energy and time! Love the Frontier Co-op brand!

Posted on Nov 5, 2021

A very big bag. Never eat this before. But it is rich of fibre, so I use it to mix with almond flour for my cup cake. Think can last for quite long. Nice.

Posted on Aug 17, 2021

Great source of fiber. I add a couple of tablespoons to my smoothie. Acts as a good thickening agent for almost anything. Good for the GI-tract!

Posted on Jul 30, 2021

Use this in gluten-free bread making. Not a big fan of the taste and texture, also a bit tricky in preparing, but this helps to keep the dough "glued"

Posted on Sep 20, 2020

If you have issues with constipsation..it helps that.. I take a tablespoon in a glass of water every morning before my coffee...been doing this for over 30 years... If you need it flavored, stir it into juice.. Drink it *quick*, though..it gels pretty fast.. If you have issues with diarrhea/ loose stools..it helps with that also....trust me...

Posted on Mar 1, 2021

This stuff really helps if you need to improve your bowel movements. It helps solidify them and helps pass them more easily. Really good for anyone with ibs. Just make sure to drink a lot of water with it. At least 3-4 glasses of water for about 2 teaspoons worth in a glass (follow the glass with psyllium with 3-4 cups of water as it really absorbs a lot)

Posted on Dec 10, 2020

My partner used to have terrible bowel problems and finally many years ago his Dr suggested that he take psyllium husk daily and now things are much, much better. He takes two teaspoons every day stirred fast into either soymilk, water, or juice, and then he just drinks it down. For that you need the whole husk not the powder. I got him the powder by accident once, and had to give it away since it just clumps up terribly and becomes hard to drink.