Page 1 - Reviews - Jarrow Formulas, L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps - iHerb
BD
Posted on Dec 7, 2021

I was having trouble sleeping at night regularly. My therapist suggested taking L-tryptophan before bed to give a serotonin boost and help regulate my Circadian rhythm. I have honestly been sleeping better since I started doing this. At first I mistakenly took L-tryptophan in the morning and my B-Complex at night. That was exactly opposite of the correct way to take these. The B-Complex gave me a restless energy that worsened my insomnia, while the L-Tryptophan made me want to take a nap in the morning. Upon switching the time on these two supplements, I am experiencing MUCH better results. I now take B-Complex when I wake a while before I eat anything and I have more energy during the day. My sleep didn’t improve, however, until I started taking L-tryptophan at night along with the Calcium Magnesium I’d been taking already.

Posted on Sep 15, 2021

I watched an interview with Trudy Scott and she recommended using l-tryptophan for "worry-in-your-head and ruminating type of anxiety" and insomnia. I will try her recommendation and see if it helps. she also recommended trying 5-HTP if l-tryptophan doesn't work, they both have similar effects but each person is different so will have to try and see which one works better for me.

Posted on Oct 22, 2021

Tryptophan is important for cognitive processes because of its role in serotonin production. It can boost your sleep quality and good mood. I like to alternate between the use of L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP (but not both at the same time). Some people might do better with one, my advise is to try each of these supplements and figure out what works best.

Posted on Apr 27, 2022

Yes, I believe this product is helping me fall asleep faster. However, I still wake up 3 to 4 times each night (not to use the bathroom) and I feel groggy in the morning. I will continue to take it to see if this changes as it has only been about 2 weeks.

Posted on Jan 27, 2022

This supplement has been life-changing. I suffered from depression, fatigue, anxiety, no energy, and extreme sugar cravings. The biggest benefit from taking this supplement with a relatively healthy diet was getting rid of sugar cravings, feeling happy and cheerful and the boost of moral and energy

Posted on Feb 21, 2022

Have been taking these for awhile now find it helps with my sleeping problems I take them with theanine at night before bed I have 2 of these 500mg and 1 theanine 200mg

Posted on Feb 4, 2022

I usaualy take it when I need to get up elary. I can go to bed earlier when I take it. I love it. but I think the capsule is strangte. no flavor.

Posted on Sep 13, 2021

So far so good, thanks 😊 Update: This product has been working wonderfully for me, my mood is better and happier, my sleep quality is so good, never knew I needed this until I tried…

Posted on Feb 26, 2022

This is good. Capsule size is not too big. The l-tryptophan itself is licensed from japan. Good stuff

Posted on Dec 13, 2021

Great product. I bought this product to help my sleep issue and it quite work. I think it helps to promote serotonin and melatonin.