Page 1 - Reviews - NaturesPlus, Spiru-Tein, High Protein Energy Meal, Exotic Red Fruit, 1.1 lbs (504 g) - iHerb
BD

Posted on Jul 9, 2021

Spire-Tein shakes are all naturally thick. Why did I even think Exotic Red Fruits would be different… I blended a scoop with 8oz almond milk (nondairy, no protein for 10g protein shake), but regular and low-fat milks are package recommended (probably for a 18g to 20g protein shake for meal replacement). It was thick with a very fruity taste like strawberry starburst. I could taste that exotic pomegranate, which isn’t my favorite fruit, however, it’s heart smart. I recommend this Protein Energy Mix for others to drink too.

Posted on Jan 8, 2022

First of all, IT TASTES AMAZING! The combination of ingredients is just magical which brings out a delicious flavour. I just blend it with water without any additional fruits or flavours and just love it. It's great with milk too. In addition, the protein content per scoop is excellent. Not to mention, the amount of other nutritional elements per scoop is impressive as well.

Posted on Sep 26, 2021

First time trying this shake. Lots of quality ingredients and nutrition. Most importantly, it tastes good on its own. Tastes like mostly strawberry. I mixed with 300ml water or milk. Powder is pretty soluble if stirred enough. So far i drink it during my work out and also double as daily health supplement. So I recommend this for taste alone which is important for shake.

Posted on Jan 20, 2022

This product might be a bit hard to understand at first. It's really a vegetable-based protein powder that is also boosted with the nutritional goodness of 'red fruits'. In short, the taste is something like a strawberry-pomegranate smoothee. This is really meant as a high-quality vegetable protein supplement or meal replacement. The instructions say mix it with milk or or juice, but I found it very palatable just mixed with cold water. It is in a cardboard-and-metal cannister with a pop-off lid. I would prefer an all-plastic cannister with a twist-type lid. I live in a very humid location, and the latter type work better. My other criticism is that they use fructose and oligofructose in the product. I would prefer if they just left those out. I don't think they are needed. The natural fruit ingredients give plenty of taste and natural sweetness. The ingredients also include some added vitamins and minerals.

Posted on Sep 9, 2021

I’ve used the chocolate one off and on for some years. So wanted to try this, specifically for my husband who likes to change up his daily routine and likes less natural tasting foods. I make it with frozen strawberries or bananas or both. It’s a bit too strong fruity flavor for me but he likes it and it a nice perky drink when the usual chocolate one gets monotonous. It tastes naturally flavored but reminds me of some super flavorful fruit drinks or snack bars. The flavor does cover up the spirulina and vitamin taste more though. So depending on what you enjoy, you may like it or not. I like he can get a good dose of vitamins, too. This brand has been around for a long time, and remains strong despite the new direction protein powders have moved into. The chocolate one has a bit of a vintage taste but they were pretty serious and less gimmicky back then so that’s a good thing! I still enjoy it. It’s tried and true.

Posted on Aug 3, 2021

it is not bad, yet i cannot pinpoint what is preventing me from giving it 5 stars. a bit too sweet? slightly crunchy texture? it is good, but the vanilla flavor by the same brand is overall more superior - reach for it more often versus the exotic red fruit flavour.

Posted on Jan 27, 2022

Taste is good. with the fruit lumps it adds some character to the texture. However I didn’t realize its sugar content is pretty high. I’m pre-diabetic so can’t take it.

1837df5d-6c8b-4d12-81ff-3504cfac47aa
734cda9d-c81a-4e13-a292-60e27087d797
Posted on May 3, 2021

I love Spiru-teen. A great midday pick me up in juice or soy milk. I do a lot of work outdoors and it is very refreshing. If I have to drive a distance I always make sure to have some mixed up and handy. I have been drinking it for several years and appreciate the high quality. The list of ingredients is awesome. And thankfully it is nonGMO!!!And the taste is great. I am careful to watch my calorie intake and I feel very full and satisfied without an expanding waistline. I was so happy to find Spiru-tein being offered by iherb at such a reasonable price and the speed delivery was super. I like the little bits of dried fruits in the mix. Gives me a little something to crunch.

dd520dbd-8dbb-480f-8c1a-d861caa42710
Posted on Jul 10, 2020

I have been using Spiru-Tein for years while I am weight lifting, as a protein supplement. My local suppliers have dwindled and I am an iHerb customer who just found it at your place! I like most of their flavors. I mix it in a blender with milk, ice and sometimes fresh fruit. I will definitely be reordering through iHerb again and again.

Posted on May 31, 2021

This is one of my favourite vegan protein shakes. It tastes really great, and you drink it mixed with water only. - Mixed well - Great taste - filling sensation Better to order the bigger container as this one tends to go quicker.

a245e9e8-2ff0-4390-b265-afc4bf333963