Page 1 - Reviews - Nutricology, Securil, Propio-Fidus-Based, 30 Capsules - iHerb
BD
Posted on Apr 4, 2022

Very pleased to have this rare product that works to enhance the effect of other probiotics.

Posted on Apr 16, 2021

It’s great that I found such probiotics with propionibacterium, as it’s not common in usual probiotic blends. Hope it will work well for me. Update: i did work, great!

Posted on Mar 11, 2021

This product is a very strong probiotic. I have taken it for over 10 years because it helps my digestion work! iHerb is a wonderful company. They are prompt, well-priced, and offer ways to get rewards. I recommend the company and the product!

Posted on May 11, 2015

The probiotic in Securil produces propionic acid. Propionic acid feeds bifdo bacteria and also inhibits yeast. Bifido bacteria are the main beneficial bacteria in the colon. The colon should contain 1 trillion bacteria/ml whil the small intestine should only contain 10000 bacteria/ml. I used to take a lot of lactobacilli supplements. Lactobacilli also live in the small intestine. For people with small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), lactobacilli supplements can aggravate bloating. Now I take Securil with a bifido bacteria supplement only and it's easier to tolerate. It takes a long time to build up bifido levels by supplementation as the bacteria have to survive all the way through the intestinal tract before they reach the colon. Securil is unique in its action because it feeds endogenous bifido bacteria. It's a very good probiotic to start with for people who are unsure which probiotics would suit them.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011

These probiotics in addition to sunsweet prunes have helped my fissure to heal. The prunes did not do it alone, so I ordered these based on the NIH research. You do not have to continue taking these to repopulate your system. It has been about 3 months now and I've been regular since, without buying another box. I had chronic constipation, now I have a bowel movement 15 mins after I eat.

Posted on Apr 6, 2022

Cause me bloating not sure if will continue

Posted on Dec 1, 2016

I have SIBO and fructose malabsorbance and use this in combination with 1/2 capsule KyoDophilus. It does work, stool became a bit better and started smelling normal. Definitely recommended if you need to start with probiotics and can't tolerate them. I remove the capsule which has hypromellose, which I can't tolerate as well, and then put it in a beef gelatin cap from Now.

Posted on Mar 12, 2021

Works well for histamine intolerance

Posted on Dec 23, 2020

Great pill good for MS

Posted on Mar 13, 2011

I have changed my approach to probiotics; I try to use them in support of naturally occuring bacteria instead of introducing exotic new ones. That is why I've chosen Securil.